Thursday, July 15, 2010

Treasured Possession

 
If the tide had been different, or I had "parked" my kayak at a slightly different spot, or walked in a straight track along the muddy shore... Then I wouldn't have found it. An old bottle from the 1900's. Once it was an everyday item used to hold "Coffee & Chicory Essence". Being emptied somebody either tossed it overboard or it was indeed the victim of shipwreck. Then for nearly 100 years drifted aimlessly and found itself in the mire... till this day! I only JUST spotted it! And even then didn't realise it was actually worth keeping.
However the thing that I really treasure about this bottle is "the message in it". You may feel like your life is shipwrecked and you are tossed aside, useless and unwanted...up to your neck in the mud! God isn't finished with you yet! He has plans for your life and a purpose (Jeremiah 29:11). One day you'll certainly be gathered up as His treasured possession. My bottle is no longer just a pantry item, but a thing of beauty and admiration. I left it's barnacle in place as a medal of honour that it survived unbroken and intact despite the years of hardship!
JOB 5:11
He places lowly people up high. He lifts those who mourn to safety. 
I do not think I  "found" this treasure, but that it was "gifted" to me from my Father! 

No comments:

Post a Comment