Monday, July 26, 2010

Breaking Point

In all the years I have been walking along the beach, watching the waves as they break... I only noticed it today! For the first time ever!  Right as the waves crash down, and the bigger the crash the better the effect... for a fleeting moment a rainbow appears. I must have taken 30 photos trying to capture it, but it was so elusive. JUST for that moment of time!
Then as I pondered on this, the Holy Spirit reminded me that this is like the Promises of  God in a way. At that breaking  point in your life, when everything comes crashing down around you... even on you... God reveals his precious promises. So that you will know that he is still in control, and you are safe.
It isn't always CRISIS that brings you to the place where you feel your heart will break I have found... Loneliness and even tedium of everyday life can do it too! This rainbow reflects on the tiles of a bathroom I clean regularly. An ordinary bathroom tile in the midst of a tedious unnoticed task. God reminds that He is there too! Shining his grace and love into my brokeness and turning it into something glorious in His sight!


1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your insights, and spiritual musings!

    ReplyDelete